Are you searching for the best Eukanuba dog food alternatives?
There are many other options when it comes to good-quality dog food.
A lot of dog parents started worrying when Eukanuba recalled some of its products.
Well, we all want the best for our furry friends.
And when brands use ingredients such as chicken by-products, corn meal, and wheat which aren’t good for dogs, you start wondering if you can give your dog something healthier, cost-effective, and dog parents-approved.
We researched and reviewed for quite some time because we wanted to find a dog food with high-quality ingredients that will help your canine thrive.
So, now we can present to you our favorite alternatives to Eukanuba dog food.
Our #1 Eukanuba alternative is VICTOR Classic Hi-Pro Plus Dog Food.
Ingredients-wise, money-wise, you name it.
Keep reading to find out about our top alternatives to Eukanuba dog food.
At a Glance: Eukanuba Dog Food Alternatives
- Victor Classic Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food (Eukanuba Premium Performance 21/13 Sprint Adult Dry Dog Food)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken, Turkey & Brown Rice Recipe (Eukanuba Adult Small Bites Alternative)
- Blackwood Lean Diet Adult Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe (Eukanuba Weight Control Large Breed Adult Alternative)
- American Journey Senior Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food (Eukanuba Senior Large Breed Dry Dog Food Alternative)
- Sport Project K-9 Hero Multiple Protein Endurance Formula Dry Dog Food (Eukanuba Premium Performance 26/16 EXERCISE Adult Dry Dog Food Alternative)
- Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Formula Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Dog Food (Eukanuba Premium Sensitive Skin Dog Food)
- Bully Max 30/20 High Protein & Fat Super Premium Dry Dog Food (Eukanuba Premium Performance 30/20 Sport Dry Dog Food Alternative)
- Purina Beyond Cage-Free Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food (Eukanuba Wet Dog Food Alternative)
8 Best Dog Foods Equivalent to Eukanuba
This is our list of the best dog food comparable to Eukanuba. Let’s dive in.
VICTOR is a premium dog food brand and we chose this formula as an alternative to Eukanuba Premium Performance 21/13 Sprint Adult Dog Food.
It’s for active and sporting dogs and puppies who need a lot of energy, and also for pregnant and lactating females.
The top-notch ingredients like beef meal, pork meal, chicken meal, menhaden fish meal, and whole grain millet are carefully chosen to maximize your dog’s potential, no matter the age, breed, or lifestyle.
This high-protein formula with different meats has 30% crude protein, 20% crude fat, and 3.8% crude fiber, whilst Eukanuba’s has 21% crude protein, but 13% crude fat and 3.6% crude fiber.
- Loaded with protein from premium beef, chicken, and pork
- Nutrient-dense formula
- The VPRO difference – a special blend of supplements, vitamins, and minerals
- Supports a strong immune system, good metabolism, healthy digestion, healthy skin, and coat
- Gluten-free, no corn, wheat, soy
- Made in the US
- Easily available for online purchase
To sum up, Victor’s recipe is a terrific choice if you have a high-performing dog, a growing puppy, pregnant or lactating female dog because it offers premium quality food with lots of protein, vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, and probiotics that support the immune system, digestion, metabolism and skin, and coat.
Plus, you get a great value-for-money product.
To learn more about best substitutions to Victor’s dog food recipe check out our article Victor Dog Food Alternatives.
We chose this brand as an alternative to Eukanuba Adult Small Bites Dry Dog Food because of the ingredients that give your dog a balanced, nutritious meal that won’t break the bank.
The recipe is for all dog breeds and for adult dogs only.
Chicken and Turkey are the main ingredients and give your pup protein for healthy, joyful days.
The formula is enriched with antioxidants, vitamins, and omega fatty acids to make sure your furry buddy has a good immune and digestive system.
Ingredients such as Wholegrain Brown Rice, Peas, Lentils, Flaxseed, Salmon, Duck, Apples, and Blueberries make this recipe natural, wholesome and delicious.
- Real Chicken and Turkey for lean muscles
- Lots of veggies and fruits that are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants to boost your pup’s immune system
- Prebiotic fiber from dried chicory root for good digestion
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that give shiny skin and fur
- No wheat, soy, or artificial ingredients
- Affordable and available for purchase online
All in all, this is a brand you can trust, it uses high-quality ingredients that support good health, plus it’s good to know that they help shelter pets with over a million meals per year.
This Weight Management Diet is our top pick for Eukanuba Fit Body Weight Control Large Breed Adult.
Blackwood Lean/Senior Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe is for Adult Dogs of any breed that are overweight.
This food is slow-cooked and it offers natural chicken protein.
The other ingredients include pumpkin meal, dried blueberries, pearled barley, beet pulp, and dried cranberries.
So, lots of nutrients give your pup a balanced meal and enough energy for the whole day.
Check out the pros of Blackwood Lean/Senior Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe
- All-natural chicken meat
- Added prebiotics and probiotics for good digestion and immune system
- A formula rich in nutrients for a healthy pup
- Available for purchase online
As you can see, this brand combines fine ingredients that make a balanced, nutritious meal for pups that need to maintain or lose weight.
This brand offers a few choices when it comes to its Active Life Formulas.
It is an excellent alternative to Eukanuba Senior Adult Large Breed Dry Dog Food.
The recipes are for adult large breeds that have an active lifestyle.
American Journey Dry Dog Food Recipes include lots of protein sources from Chicken, Salmon, Beef, and Lamb.
So, it’s good that there are different meats if you have a picky eater or your dog is sensitive to some meat.
- #1 ingredient is real meat which means protein for lean muscles and a healthy, active canine
- Brown rice, a source of complex carbs
- Veggies like sweet potatoes, peas, and carrots are loaded with antioxidants that support the immune system and overall health
- Flaxseed and fish oil, a source of omega acids for shiny skin and fur
- No by-products, wheat, soy
- No artificial flavors
This is our alternative to Eukanuba’s Recipe because it offers real meat, healthy ingredients, and premium quality, it’s available for online purchase, and it’s good value for money.
Sport Dog Food Project K-9 Multi Protein Endurance Formula is made for athletic dogs that are very active and need lots of energy throughout the day.
It’s a great alternative to Eukanuba Premium Performance 26/16 EXERCISE Adult Dry Dog Food because the #1 ingredient is meat and that’s 86% of meat protein, 526 kcal/cup.
It contains wholegrain millet, and it doesn’t contain wheat, pea, or corn.
The formula is enriched with vitamins and minerals, also amino acids, omega 3 and 6 acids.
- It’s high in protein from US-made meat
- Lots of vitamins and minerals for a healthy, active dog
- No wheat, corn, or rice for sensitive dogs
- It contains Cold-Pressed Wild Norwegian Salmon Oil which is high in omega fatty acids that improve skin and coat
- Available for purchase online
If your dog likes flyball, hunting, and dock diving, this is a great choice due to the high-protein formula packed with vitamins and minerals for active dogs.
We’ve listed this food as a great alternative to Eukanuba Daily Care Sensitive Skin Dog Food.
It’s for Adult Dogs and Seniors that have skin sensitivities or allergy issues.
Hydrolyzed Salmon is the only protein source ingredient, so if your dog is sensitive to meat this is a good choice.
The other ingredients are Peas, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Tomato Pomace, and lots of vitamins and minerals.
As you can see the list of ingredients is not long in order to avoid itching and similar.
- A single hydrolyzed protein source
- Quality ingredients; made in the USA
- High levels of fiber and antioxidants for good digestion and healthy pups
- K-9 Strain Probiotics to support health and immune system
- No grains, no potatoes
- Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Affordable price, easy to buy
If your dog struggles with skin sensitivities, itching, scratching, licking paws, or allergies, you can try this dog food and see the benefits.
If you are looking for high-protein, high-calorie food based on real meat, this is our favorite alternative to Eukanuba Premium Performance 30/20 Sport Dry Dog Food.
It’s for all breeds and ages, for dogs 4 weeks and older, whereas Eukanuba’s formula is only for adult dogs.
The 30/20 means 30 % protein and 20 % fat.
And your dog gets 535 calories per cup, which is more than other premium dog foods in its class.
This high-protein recipe is for athletic, active dogs who need lots of energy.
If you want to increase your dog’s weight and muscle mass healthily, this is a good choice.
The ingredients include Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Ground Grain Sorghum, Pearled Barley, Menhaden Fish Meal, Menhaden Fish Oil, Whole Ground Flaxseed, vitamins, and minerals.
So, protein, fiber, complex carbs, and omega-3 fats for healthy fur babies.
- A natural meat-based formula
- Healthy ingredients that are rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, vitamins, and minerals
- High-protein and high-fat recipe that gives your pup energy that lasts longer
- No corn, wheat, soy
- 535 cal per cup
- High rating on Amazon
- Cost-effective, available online
Well, if you have an athletic dog and you want to boost its performance, health, and lean muscles, we recommend Bully Max 30/20 High Protein Dog Food due to its high-quality ingredients, proven formula, and availability.
This is a pretty good alternative to Eukanuba Canned Dog Food.
It offers a variety of flavors such as Chicken & Sweet Potato, Alaskan Cod, Salmon & Sweet Potato, Beef, Potato & Green Bean, Turkey & Green Bean, etc.
It’s for all breeds and it’s natural dog food.
- The poultry is raised cage-free, without steroids or hormones
- It contains natural prebiotic fiber and probiotics for good digestion and the immune system
- Added vitamins and minerals that support overall health
- Carefully chosen ingredients such as sweet Potato, Green Beans
- No artificial ingredients
This is an excellent alternative to Eukanuba Canned Dog Food because of the good-quality protein and ingredients, plus vitamins and minerals for a happy, playful pup.
Continue reading to learn how to switch your dog to a new food.
How to Transition to New Dog Food
If you’ve decided to try new food for your dog, you might wonder how to do it.
Dogs react differently when offered new food.
Some dig in right away and love their new food, but some refuse to eat it.
When you have a picky eater, it’s not easy, we know.
But, don’t worry.
Follow our mini guide on how to switch your dog to new food and feel confident about the change, since you are doing the best you can for your canine companion.
We recommend mixing their old food with the new one.
Add ⅓ of their new food to ⅔ of the old food for the first few days.
Then continue giving them more new food and less old food for seven days until you switch completely to the new food.
Check out this video and learn from Dr. Gary Richter how to reduce the risk of your dog developing an upset stomach or diarrhea when you switch to a new food.
Our dogs’ health is something that we all care about deeply.
So, choosing the right food and knowing that your beloved pet gets all the necessary nutrients for a healthy life is a priority for most of us.
We made this list for you to make things easier when you need to choose food that works for your dog as well or even better than Eukanuba Recipes.
To sum up, our top alternative to Eukanuba’s Dog Food is Victor Classic Hi-Pro Plus Dog Food.
It ticks all the boxes ✔ because it offers high-quality ingredients, real meat, and lots of vitamins and minerals, it’s trustworthy, affordable, and available.